Sending Gospel Preachers to All Peoples
The Lord’s commission to make disciples begins with the simple verb “to go”: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit” (Matt. 28:19). Going to all peoples is not optional. Therefore, CBC is committed to sending and supporting men who hold to the full authority and sufficiency of Scripture, a Christ-centered and Christ-exalting exposition of the Word, and the doctrines of grace. They are men who themselves will train and send men with the same convictions. All of this is done with the goal of planting churches that will plant other churches.
Training Those Whom Christ Has Called
CBC is committed to train men called to expository preaching and to shepherd the church. To accomplish this, we focus on two broad areas of leadership training (2 Timothy 2:2):
- Leadership Training and Development (LTD) is a two-year intensive discipleship training for leaders at Community Bible Church.
- The Cornerstone College and Seminary trains men who are called to plant churches and train leaders both here and abroad.
- The Annual Pastor’s Conference: The Exalting Christ Conference for pastors and church leaders is designed to encourage and build up leaders involved in the work of the ministry.
- We send men to preach and exposit God’s Word, as well as teach and equip national pastors and leaders in conferences and training centers around the world. We partner with local churches and leadership training ministries in such places as Uganda, India, Myanmar, Philippines, Honduras, Mexico, Sudan, Germany, and South Africa.
- We publish and distribute teaching materials and books through Exalting Christ Publishing to ministries and leaders in various ministries around the world.
Sending Those Whom Christ Has Called
Community Bible Church is committed to sending our own missionaries as well as national leaders. We have two primary avenues for accomplishing this:
Exalting Christ Ministries International
ECMI is a missions agency that sends and supports men, both national pastors and missionaries called with a singular passion to preach Christ. Under the oversight of the CBC elder board, men are sent to establish churches and pastoral leadership training centers in various countries around the world.
CBC plants churches driven by the conviction that Christ’s primary agency in this world is local churches who themselves reproduce other churches. We believe that local churches must be planted and led by qualified men who recognize Christ’s authority over the church through His Word. They are men who meet the standards for elders specified in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.