For I testify that according to their ability, and beyond their ability, they gave of their own accord, begging us with much urging for the favor of participation in the support of the saints, and this, not as we had expected, but they first gave themselves to the Lord and to us by the will of God. 2 Corinthians 8: 3-5
How you can help
As we have talked to so many of you, what continues to stand out is how many express a desire to help. While the world hoards, you are ready to give. While many look only inwardly, you consider the needs of others. And we know it’s because you have experienced receiving the greatest gift of all – the gift of salvation found only in Jesus Christ. Praise God for such indescribable gift! (2 Corinthians 9:15)
As elders, we want to provide the following direction so we can be as fruitful in our service as we can. Pray for us as we administer things – all for the glory of God and the good of His people (2 Corinthians 8:18-21).
Let us know if you have needs
We are blessed with wonderful small group leaders (Home Fellowship Groups, COV, CORE, Women’s Mentoring Groups, Youth Ministries, Ministry teams, etc.). They do a lot, and on top of that list, is to help shepherd the flock of God here. We thank God for each of them.
Our leaders are ready to hear from you. Please give the church family the opportunity see Christ exalted as He ministers among His people, through His people.
We believe that many needs can be taken care of at the small group level. But your leaders also have instructions as we want them to let the elders know where the larger church family can help.
If after speaking to your direct shepherd, you still want to talk with an elder, please feel free to contact any one of us. Our names and numbers are all listed in your CBC directory.
Let us know if you can help
Let your small group leader know if you can help and what you might be able to do. Examples might include driving, doing errands, preparing meals, providing childcare, etc. That way, we’ll be ready to get the word as we hear of opportunities for you to serve.
Thank you for the many that want to keep giving. Jesus says more about money than just about any other topic as He knows the grip it can have on our hearts. May we continue to put God first as we give to His kingdom, and may you know the peace and the joy that comes as you exercise faith in Him through your giving (Matthew 6:19-34).
The most common ways to give right now
Setting it up through your online bank service
- Most of the time, we find this is a complimentary service.
- Although online platforms vary some, typically you would add CBC as the Payee (short for Community Bible Church).
- Our address is 710 Broadway Street Vallejo, CA 94590.
- In the memo, you can tell us how you want the funds allocated.
- GF – for the General Fund.
- MF – for the Missions Fund.
- BF – for the Building Fund.
- AF – for the Agape (Benevolence) Fund. If you are comfortable with giving to the General Fund, it does give us the most flexibility to utilize the funds as needed.
- You can make it a recurring payment if you so choose.
- Sometimes it asks you for an account number – we have found that you can leave this blank but if required, please let us know.
- It also can depend on whether it asks you to differentiate between Person / Business.
- Usually you can put Person and it goes through without issue.
- If it is indeed a complimentary service, please feel free to send a small amount first and we can let you know what happens on our receiving end.
- As you many of know, we provide an annual giving statement.
Writing a check or giving cash
(although it’s hardest to help you track cash in case things get lost or misplaced)
- Similar to above but you would put your check or cash in the mail to the address noted above.
- You can also drop off your check or cash in the mail slot located to the left of the front entry door for the new building.
Using our credit card
- You would then complete the form.
- I apologize as we do not currently have a way to save your information online.
- You should receive an email receipt soon after you make the donation. Please save these for your end-of-year tax records.
- You will get the full credit for the amount of your donation.
- The ministry will receive the net amount as we are charged for this service.
- It is usually around 2.5-3%
We hope that this all helps you to be involved in how God is using His people to minister and be a witness during these trying times.
We are here to serve you and ultimately, to serve the Lord Jesus so we welcome your questions and thoughts. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Thomas at 707-344-0667.
May it be said of us too: that in a great ordeal of affliction their abundance of joy and their deep poverty overflowed in the wealth of their liberality…all for His glory! (2 Corinthians 8:2)